I hope its ok to post this, I wrote this poem today.

Children Are Butterflies Butterflies Gathering – Discussion Groups and Forums Butterflies Gathering Feelings I hope its ok to post this, I wrote this poem today.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    gem32
    Spectator

Isobel Rae

No I’m not alright,
      No I’m not ok,
      Why do you think I want to hear that you ‘don’t know what to say’?,
      Nothing can make this better,
      My baby girl has gone,
      And nothing can fix my broken heart,
      Or stop my tears from flowing strong.

I’ll never get to rock her,
      Or hold her in my arms,
      Or pick her up when she has fallen,
      And keep her safe from harm,
      I’ll never get to see her smile,
      Or wipe away her tears,
      And tell her that I love her,
      As she grows over the years.

I wish there was a way,
      To re-write the course of time,
      So I could make it better,
      For my darling girl of mine,
      I don’t want to live without her,
      I don’t want to heal or move on,
      I want a world I don’t have to say,
      That my baby girl has gone.

This is beautiful, many sentiments I have thought in the past but never been able to put into words.

Hope it helped a little.

Becs xxx

This is beautiful, many sentiments I have thought in the past but never been able to put into words.

Hope it helped a little.

Becs xxx

gem32
      Spectator

Thank you Becs, it definitely helped. It was like I could take a photograph of how I was feeling so I don’t have to hold onto it but its still there so I don’t forget it. It feels like Isobel has sparked something in me, all my feelings are coming out as poems and rhymes. My dad has found the same and he wrote a song for her yesterday too – he has much more musical talent than I do though so will leave the song writing to him.

If its ok I’ll post another one here, I dont want to upset anyone though, it just seems to be helping a little to write them down somewhere other than my notebook.

Katie

xxx

nickinoo
        Spectator

Hi Katie

What a lovely poem and its good you have found an outlet that helps, i think we all try and find a way of getting through the early days, i know i did. Don’t worry about upsetting anyone with your poems as the forum is for talking through feelings.

Michelle. xx

Pork Chops
          Spectator

Of course it’s ok, you post what ever you feel. The poem is lovely…. I , like Becs can not put things I feel into words so you obviously have a talent 🙂 Sarah x

Hi Katie, what a beautiful poem. I wish I could have been so eloquent. Posting on here not only helps you but also the rest of us, it helps to hear from others about their feelings and emotions. You have put into words some of the things I struggled for months to put words to. Keep posting, thank you for being so brave to share with us.
            Clare

Hi Katie,

Lovely words for a beautiful girl 🙂

When Emmie died I wrote her a letter to tell her what I wanted to say and put it in her coffin and that isn’t everybody’s choice!

Everyone is different and do what feels right for you, if that means writing and sharing poems, I will be always here to read them and be there for you, same as all the other ladies on the forum.

Carla
            Xxx

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
          • The forum ‘Feelings’ is closed to new topics and replies.