feeling apprehensive

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hi, am planning on coming on wednesday, but am feeling very apprehensive.
    Clare

nickinoo
    Spectator

Hey Clare

Are your feeling aprehensive because you will be meeting some of us for the first time? Please don’t worry we have all been brought together for the same reason and all the butterfly mummy’s are lovely.

We just chat about anything and eveything and if you don’t feel like talking and just listening that’s fine too. I find the only people that really know what i have been through and know how i am feeling are these ladies and to be able to talk to people who understand has been a huge help to me.

Hope you can make it.

Michelle. xx

Thank you,
      Yes I am apprehensive about meeting new people,also I have been finding social situations quite difficult recently. I am determined to come cause I agree talking to people who really do know what your going thro helps. feel silly but, how will I know who you all are?
      Clare

nickinoo
      Spectator

I know how you feel it’s nearly a year since i lost Louie and i still sometimes feel like i can’t face social situation if i have not had a very good day. It does get easier though.

I am going to try to get there for about 12 and i am small with blond hair, im also 25 weeks pregnant so have a bit of a bump. I found seeing pregnant ladies a bit difficult when i lost Louie so hope your ok with this.

Don’t worry about trying to recognise us if you sit by the main door we will probably see you.

Michelle. x

Pork Chops
        Spectator

hey Clare,
          Yeah I agree with every thing Michelle said….. please be reassured we have all felt like that on our first meeting. they are a lovely bunch of ladies and I refere to lunch/dinner with them as my councilling sessions lol sometimes I wanna talk about my loss and some times I want small talk….Its just how you feel on the day. If you face the bar we are usually to the left of it 🙂
          Sarah x

Faiths-Mummy
          Spectator

Hi Clare,

Faiths-Mummy
            Spectator

Hi Clare, (again, now that my ye olde worlde Internet is behaving!)

I have to admit that apprehension kept me from doing a lot of things since we lost Phoebe. I just wasn’t so good at social situations. Having 3 other children and 2 older stepdaughters keeps me busy enough, but I actively avoided public places.

Phoebe was stillborn at 41 wks 5 days, weighed 11lbs 1oz, and was 64cm long.

Her heart stopped during labour. We’d been trying for another baby for over 8 years, and in that time had 2 miscarriages at 13 and 16 wks.

She would have been 2 years old on 25th June 2012. I miss her every day. Even more since our newest arrival.

We were blessed by the arrival of Jaime on 15-2-2012. He was born by elective caesarian at 37 weeks. He was 7lbs 3oz and 56cm long. He’s adorable.

You will meet us both next Wednesday if you come along. Hope you do. I regret not taking part in things because at times I really could’ve used the love and support these wonderful people always offer.

So hope to see you on Wednesday.

XxxxX

Thank you Fiona, unfortunatly I wont be there on wed as I work wed and thurs. we are going to Lego land and will be at the buterfly release. so hopefully will meet you at one of these, and if the monthly meet is not on a wed.
              Clare

Faiths-Mummy
              Spectator

Those 2 dates are in my diary too, so

Faiths-Mummy
                Spectator

…we’ll meet up at one, or both!
                  Take care,
                  Fx

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                • The forum ‘Member "Get Togethers"’ is closed to new topics and replies.