Running for Jasmine

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    margaretrowen
    Spectator

Hi Everyone,

My first post here as never really sure what to say, however I have been writing a blog as I am going to be running in the great north run the day after Jasmine will be 1. It is mainly about how my training is going and the reasons why I am doing it. I touch base with my feeling and emotions on my precious daughter so if you would like to have a read please do at http://www.mygreatnorthstory.blogspot.co.uk I write up every week on a Thursday normally and currently 19 weeks in so plenty of reading if you start up at week 1.

Pork Chops
      Spectator

Hi Jasmines Dad,
        That is a beautiful thing you are doing in memory of your precious baby girl 🙂
        The training and dedication really helps with coping with your feelings. It really took me through my darkest months, we have ran the Adidas half marathon for 2 years now in memory of our little boy who passed 2 years ago. Crossing that line was the proudest I’ve ever been with myself other then giving birth to my boys.
        Well done with what you are doing and I look forward to reading your blog
        Sarah

Hi Jasmines Dad

I also took to training to get me through my toughest times and found it very therapeutic it allowed me to focus on doing something in memory of my little man who we lost 3 years ago now. Although my run was only a 10km
        my proudest moment was when someone asked me who Sam was and I was able to say ‘my son’
        I look forward to reading your blog and catching up with your story.

The first post in here is always the toughest but the support I have received here has been invaluable.

Becky – Sams mummy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
      • The forum ‘Cheery Chit-Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.