My story of Emmie

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi,

On the morning of October 15th 2011 at 40+6 weeks my waters broke naturally.

That evening i went into hospital to see how I was progressing, which wasn’t very much as my previous birth with Gracie who is now 5. Emmie was fine but as I had previously had a C Section they kept me in because if i hadn’t progressed by the morning they was going to do another section.

I went to bed that night really excited and my husband left me with a smile 🙂

When I woke the following morning my waters had changed and within minutes the midwife had the doppler on and couldn’t find a heartbeat and within 5 minutes I was on labour ward having a scan – at that point they told me Emmie had died.

I don’t know how I told my husband when he arrived, it was heartbreaking :’-(

I was still only 1cm and so I had another c section and Emmie was born weighing 8lb9oz and she looked just like her sister – gorgeous!!!

It was the hardest thing to leave her at the hospital 48 hours later and telling Gracie was the next hardest thing we have ever had to do in our lives 🙁

We had a post mortem and as suspected they found nothing, Emmie had become distressed and swallowed the meconium.

We have since gone on to have Daisy who was born 14th September 2012 and is one of cheekiest babies you could meet, we had some ups and downs with her pregnancy which was very worrying but got through it. I have been advised not to have anymore after 3 c sections, I felt very cheated at first but try to be great full for my 2 beautiful girls who are here!

I have learnt to live with Emmie not being here because I had no choice, there isn’t a day goes by where I don’t think of my beautiful little girl who will be forever in our hearts.

I hope my story gives other mums and dads hope that you can go on to have another child, they will never replace the one you have lost, but fill a little bit of the hole that is now in your hearts.

We are here if you need us to support, the girls and Ann have been a great support and become very valuable friends in my life.

Carla
    xxx

Pork Chops
    Spectator

Lots of love,
      Emmie will be for ever in your heart x

jaydens-mummy
      Spectator

Beautiful words and a beautiful little girl who will never be forgotten xxxx

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
      • The forum ‘New Members Introductions’ is closed to new topics and replies.