media

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    nickinoo
    Spectator

Hi everyone
      Some of you may know I was interviewed for the sunday times in support of increased consultant cover on maternity wards. The article came out last sunday 28th july. Through this I was asked to be interviewed on BBC radio northampton regarding my campaigning on tuesday which I did at 7.10am. What the radio station hadn’t told me was that they had asked for a statement from NGH on the death of louie which was aired after my interview an hour later. My mum heard this (I was at work) and it really upset her as they basically said louie would have died anyway.
      I called the station and asked them not to air this statement again as we are going with a legal case regarding louies death and if I had know about this statement I would never have done the interview. I was then contacted by BBC Look East for an interview on my campaign for consultant covwe, etc, but I declined because of the possible use of the statement from NGH.
      I feel very let down, hurt and tricked and angery that I have not been able to respond to this statement because of our legal case. I have also made a decision not to do anymore media regarding my campaigning unless I can get a guarantee that louies case will not be brought into it. I only want to make a positive change in maternity and stillbirth law yet I feel a fool for thinking the media would just want to hear about that rather then getting a story.

Michelle. X

Thats awful and such a huge betrayal of your trust. I just can’t believe that they didn’t share the statement about your own baby with you before hand. This is such a personal and sensitive issue and they must realise that people’s feelings are at risk here. Unbelievably disrespectful and I don’t blame you for being wary. Good luck with your campaign and fingers crossed this doesn’t happen again.
      Laura x

jaydens-mummy
      Spectator

Sweetie that is awful, I am so sorry you have been hurt, thinking of you.
        Stay strong xxxxx

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
      • The forum ‘Feelings’ is closed to new topics and replies.