A huge THANK YOU to you all

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    K-Langley
    Spectator

A big HELLO to everyone!
      Well, what can I say!!! I am totally blown away by your kindness and generosity ๐Ÿ˜€ . Thank you all so much for my lovely television, I still can’t believe it, and can’t stop smiling ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

You don’t know how much it will mean to the whole family, not just me! I will be able to rest more as my girls can pile into our super kingsize bed and snuggle up together. When the girls go to bed at night, I can also go to bed and watch my tv ๐Ÿ˜€

As Ann has mentioned in my ‘update’, I have had two operations in the last 3 weeks, but despite this, I am feeling well in myself and VERY positive. I have so much support from medical professionals, it actually makes me cross!! Of course I appreciate their knowledge and support, but all I keep saying is the same thing – when you have cancer, you have as much support as you need, but when your child dies, there is nothing!!! That is why I am so grateful to Madame Butterfly and to all you wonderful butterfly family members ๐Ÿ˜€

I totally accept that I am fighting cancer and all the treatment that comes with it. The only thing that gets to me is ‘other people’ and their stupid comments ๐Ÿ˜ก !! It is very similar to when Grace died. I have to hear the long drawn out comments about Auntie Mable who had cancer of the big toe nail etc, and then there are the people who are scared of me as they think they might catch it, and then there are people who go way over the top and want to do everything and even breathe for me ๐Ÿ˜† . So I am quite glad that ive got a drain in at the minute which means no visitors to minimise the risk of infection. Ive decided that I am going to write a book when I am better and make lots of money ๐Ÿ˜† . So far, this comment from my Auntie is in the top 3 of my funniest comments: “Oh Anne, I am so sorry to hear – well you know……. my friend Maureen had the ‘big C’ last year, shall I ask her if you can borrow her wig” ๐Ÿ˜ฎ . After I realised that my Auntie was in fact serious, I thought well, we are in a recession,so I shouldn’t knock the offer ๐Ÿ˜† . So if you see me about in a grey curly wig, you’ll know that Maureen kindly let me borrow hers ๐Ÿ˜† . The best of it is, I havn’t even been told if, or what type of chemo I may need ๐Ÿ™„

Anyway, I will let you good people get on with your day. Again, I can’t thank you enough for all your good wishes and of course my lovely sparkly tv, I am such a lucky girl. I couldn’t believe it when Lincoln walked in with a lovely wrapped package – and I mean the television ๐Ÿ˜†
      Lots of love to you all and I will keep you updated with my progress and when I have the all clear, we will all go out and have a sherry ๐Ÿ˜€
      THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN
      Take care
      Anne-Marie x x x x x

Eva’s mummy
      Spectator

morning Anne-Marie
        You have made my day and put a big smile on my face.
        Your very welcome with the gift your girls will be able to snuggle with you and even watch the childrens channels with you lol.
        Glad you are in good spirits been thinking of you alot.
        Big hug for you.

Take care

Rach xxxx

jaydens-mummy
        Spectator

To my beautiful POSH friend ‘Anne’ with the ‘E’ . Thank you for your update and letting everyone know how you are. I’m so glad you have told the wig story, it makes me laugh every time. I expect to hear you are snuggled up in bed tonight with your babies watching the telly.
          Have a good day and as Rach said, I think a lot of people will be smiling now they have heard from you. Positive thoughts today and always … And as for the Sherry – yuk!!! You can keep that – mine will be a Brandy thank you ๐Ÿ™‚

With love
          Your not so posh friend Ann without the ‘E’ xxxxx

Anonymous

Hi Anne-Marie

I’m so pleased that you liked the gift. It will last longer than flowers!!
            Fantastic to hear you sounding so positive. The comments are just ridiculous, I think you are right, you should write a book! Are you planning on wearing the wig when we go out for that sherry? After all that’s what old ladies drink! Mine will be a glass of champagne thanks! In fact, let’s make it a bottle.
            Lots of love & enjoy watching the tv from the comfort of your duvet!
            Max, xxx

Hi Anne-Marie

I am so pleased that your tv is everything you wanted and just love the picture of you and your girls snuggled up watching it.
            It is also lovely to hear your stories and I agree with Max you should write a book as you definately have a way with words, not only can you make us smile but you also always have the right words of support for others.
            I am sure that this is a time of many emotions for you and your family, so we are here to listen as and when you need us and in the meantime keep that fantastic sense of humour going and give the girls a big cuddle and enjoy your tv.
            Look forward to catching up and again I am with Max make mine a champagne.

Lots of love

Becs xxx

jaydens-mummy
            Spectator

I’m def in for the champagne but couldn’t spell it so thanks ladies, I’ve now copied you x

Pork Chops
              Spectator

Hey Anne-Marie,

So good to hear your in good humour…..couldn’t help but lol at your Auntie’s comments!!! the book idea sounds awesome ๐Ÿ™‚
                So pleased you liked your T.V and snuggling up with your girls ๐Ÿ™‚ hope to see you soon and definitely on for that drink when your in the clear ๐Ÿ™‚
                Love Sarah x

Eva’s mummy
                Spectator

you can all keep your brandy, sherri and champaign mines a bottle of d pepper and a box of chocolate lol xxx

harrys-mummy
                  Spectator

Hi Anne-Marie,

Lovely to hear from you, so glad your happy with the TV…….

I love the book idea, I would buy it, and I would have a cheeky sherry with you, I quite like a sherry, but champagne will do ๐Ÿ˜€

thinking of you
                    Jackie x

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                  • The forum ‘Cheery Chit-Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.